vrijdag 7 mei 2010

Japan day 4

Still in Tokyo and the weather is great! Today I planned to go around on my own and since the public transport is so well designed it is not difficult at all. Signs at stations and places where tourists can be found have English directions.

Most of you know that I like Anime, so for today I planned to go to Akihbara :D For those who are unfamiliar with Akihbara it is like the center of the world for anime. The gathering place for weird and strange things where anything is possible O_o

Now in Japan it is Goldenweek this means those crazed hardworking Japanese have some free time of their own.... Akhibara was like Tokyo melted into one big blob of people!!! When I got to the place (10 min walk from hotel) there was no doubt in my mind that I found it... Since the entire place was spammed with anime posters on walls buildings and places where one would not expect. First thing I did was walk into a game arcade, a good place to get deaf ;) but the games where awesome. Part from the games the place was packed with machines where you can win a price, you know those grab machines you find at carnivals. And of course lots and lots and LOTS and LOOOOOOOOOOTS of anime stores cramped into many buildings on every floor and basement O_O Well I think the amount of people stopped me from really doing any shopping so I ended up not buying anything part from a gift for a friend of mine. Now... as I said before expect the weird... there are these girls (shocking enough guys too) dressed in a french maid costume or actually anything they think is cute... or anime related. Then try to lure you into the maidcafe. Now i`m a sucker for cute girls, so there I was sitting in a maidcafe.... an alien world on its on. It started with with a candle that she blew on... and the Japanese gadget started to glow... and then she said something that could be interpreted as: you are now my master... well master or no master I was still a bit in shock... but in a good way I guess. Then the process went on she explained that if the candle goes out I had to leave.. well that's ok. So there I was in a maid cafe watching bunny-girls or with cat-ears etc etc. shouting around in the most high pitched voice imaginable when someone left or ordered. I ate some food smiled and talked with a fellow otaku next to me who seemed to be pro at maidcafes. Taking pictures is not allowed, and for good reason they make tons with it. So of course I picked one of the maids and took a picture. You are still smiling until you get your bill at the end ;P

2 opmerkingen:

  1. hahaha クンーちゃん オタク~~~~!!! ;-)
    I felt really awkward in the maid cafe :S You didn't? haha ^.^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Je zal wel met volle teugen genoten hebben Koen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen