dinsdag 11 mei 2010

Japan day 12

Bleh, still bad weather... well only one bad weather day to go and it should improve. Our goal for today was to go to Nara (old capitol of Japan). We took the slow train to Nara from Kyoto and walked from their to the park where temples where scattered across. This place was packed with dears, the reason they walk around is that a old god or something on a white dear visited the place... and it became holy. Well be careful of them critters cos they eat anything in their reach, like paper and plastic bags. Our guide told us that on one of the trips a dear ate a rail-pass and its worth is about 500 euro! I walked further in the park where a HUGE temple was located, on entering you`l face a buddha the size of Godzilla. The ear of this statue is 2 meters high... just to point out size.

Part from the giant buddha and wild animals there were Lemming like school-groups walking all over the place. Funny and cute at the same time. On my way back I met 3 Japanese schoolboys around the age of 15 again who seemed to be interested in me. We ended up going to Kyoto where they showed me some Anime shops. But for Anime one should really buy it in Akihabara. I played some arcade games with them and at the end of the day they showed me a nice place to eat udon noodles or something (thick noodles). I really enjoyed eating that with my biru (beer).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten