zondag 16 mei 2010

Japan day 15, 16 and 17

Hiroshima,

Day 1

We stayed in Hiroshima for 3 day`s, the hotel was great there was free coffee and free internet. The only downside was that the USB ports where turned off, so there was no way to upload my pictures from my camera. At first we scouted the local area and next the Peace memorial museum. I did not enter the museum right away because it looked like there was a long waiting line. I shopped a bit and we ate at a nice restaurant.

Day 2

Nearby Hiroshima there was a famous Tori(gate) build in the water near a island. The trip took about 2 hours to get there but it was well worth it. Not only was the scenery below beautiful, but so was the mountain. There where two ways to get up the mountain, by foot or ski-lift. There was a small danger you`d encounter some monkeys but we encountered non. The view was awesome where the ski-lift brought us, but we could even go up higher... Unfortunately only by foot. When we arrived at the absolute top we could see 360 degrees around us. If you ever find the time to visit Japan this is a place worth checking out. The way back we brave souls walked, the distance is not great just many steep stairs to conquer.

Day 3

Well, I wanted to experience the Peace memorial museum on my own so I kept this day for my self part from dinner. What I saw inside hit me hard, it was a real eye-opener, and reminded me how cruel humans can be. Still at this day there are enough nuclear weapons to destroy mankind. And don`t think its only Russia and America with nuclear weapons, but England, France, India and China (I might left out a few) too. I scouted the city a bit absentminded until I arrived at a park... but that was about it for that day, shopping is great but not as cool compared to Tokyo. Shopping was better then Kyoto thought.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Yea I also loved the museum.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hoi lieverd,
    Was ik ook maar in Japan want je ziet zulke mooie dingen,wat een mooi memorial denk ik dat ik zag op de fotos in Hiroshima erg indrukwekkend en die kabelbaan !!!! We missen je wel hoor maar ik zie dat je een fantastische reis hebt
    Liefs je moeder

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. had hard time to figure out the language..but this is pam...we met last night at the bar 68 in beppu...

    Nice talking to you..I wish you"d have the great time left while staying in japan..

    Good Luck

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Pam, yes it was very nice meeting you and your friends. Thank you for taking the time posting a comment. I wish we could have talked more.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Lieve Koen,

    Je reis zit er nu bijna op. Ik kan me voorstellen dat Hirosjima enorm veel indruk heeft gemaakt op je. Een stad als een monument zo lijkt het.

    Ik denk dat jij het wel erg jammer vindt dat jouw reis bijna over is, maar ik kijk erg uit naar je thuiskomst hoor!!!!

    Tot heel gauw lieve Koen en een goede terugreis en een kus van Lies, Alma en Roos!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Bergen beklimmen altijd goed!
    groeten,

    Thomas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen